As a Repairman, you work as part of the Engine team, who is responsible for maintaining adequate and comfortable living and working conditions all around the ship.
This role includes responsibility for the general overhauling and maintenance of all galley equipment and machinery along with steelwork, including stainless steel. Maintenance and repair of all piping related to accommodation operations, such as fresh water, black water, grey water, drains, air conditioning and ventilation, cold spaces, maintain routine checks on various equipment and spaces, etc.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- You are responsible for the functionality and safety of all indoor areas around the ship by repairing, refitting and modifying existing structures according to different requests. For e.g. walls, ceilings, floors, and other surfaces, doors, locks and furniture.
- You work as a part of a team, and you are responsible to the 1st engineer.
- As part of the repair work, welding different types of metal, including TIG and MIG.
- Operate all common shop equipment with experience using a machine Lathe preferable.
- Carry out steelwork, including stainless steel.
- Prepare, repair and install pipe fittings and general maintenance of plumbing and piping system within the accommodation areas.
What are the requirements (skills/competencies) for this role?
- You have practical skills and technical understanding, and you can use common hand tools and electric tools to fix existing or fabricate new furniture and structure.
- You have some level of technical education.
- Must hold an active Welding license from a recognized educational institution.
- Earlier experience is required.
Ask a Question
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.