Community Project Manager
Are you experienced in business training and coaching? Do you have community development experience? Can you encourage people as they start a business and form follow-up groups? These groups support and encourage each other and work together toward solutions to uplift the community economically. OM's Micro enterprise business ministry is passionate about helping people transform, uplift and empower their communities through business. Help us renew hope and see lasting change in peoples' lives.
- Marketing & Developing relationships for training and/or economic development initiatives in new communities
- Organise training, identify, select, and equip community representatives to become small business trainers and/or community transformation group facilitators.
- Start and maintain community transformation groups.
- Manage the network of existing trainers and facilitators in your region and maintain a sense of community among your trainers and facilitators.
- Monitor & evaluate existing communities.
- Ministry involvement – with local team or church.
- All staff secure their own funding by private donations.
- Proven business acumen (business qualification and/or 5 years of working experience and/or have run their own business) and/or qualification or experience in Community Development.
- Passionate about empowering and uplifting others through business/entrepreneurship.
- Experience in managing people from diverse backgrounds and the ability to communicate effectively with trainers in various geographic locations using virtual channels of communication.
- Previous exposure to missions (at least one short term outreach or equivalent) and an in-depth understanding of Business as Mission.
- Willing to serve long term in (or close to) an UPG.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Able to use appropriate software used in OM for communication and people support
Ask a Question
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.