As an accountant on the mission field with OM, you will use your financial management skills toward the purpose of seeing vibrant communities of Jesus followers established among the least reached. This important role is vital to ministry on the field. As an accountant in OM, you would provide accountability for the cash transactions conducted on the field and perform duties to assist with accounting functions pertaining to bank accounts, budgets, journal entries, financial reporting and administrative changes, guided by precedent and guidelines of established polices. Participation in local ministry and team life may also be aspects of your role.
- The Team Accountant must have an understanding of financial matters and accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of computers, excel spreadsheets, and financial computer systems, and a general knowledge of computer systems and networks.
- A university degree in Finances or a relevant field with at least 2 years experience in a variety of financial matters.
- At least one year of experience with Petra (The OM financial software program) is preferable or willingness to learn
- Language needed:English, and Japanese.
- Be able to train others in finance systems and data entry.
- We also want to see him/her involved in one or more of our ministries (church planting, student ministry, Arts, etc.)